Saturday, May 23, 2009

In True Scholarly Form

Today in NZed land I not only went to Hobbiton (a "Lord of the Rings" movie set), but went there for a school assigment. The only thing wrong with that statement is that I had to make it on a saturday. That's right - I went on a class field trip on a SATURDAY. I've never felt more like a scholar than I do right now in New Zealand. School on Saturdays? I thought that wasn't allowed!

Along with weekend assignments, I can honestly say that I've never written this many essays in my LIFE. I have written more scholarly essays this semester than during the duration of the rest of my college career. Wow. New Zealand really knows how to pick your brain. Go kiwis! Although my mind is taxed, I am thankful for the challenge.

I only have one and a half more months in this beautiful country and I can honestly say I am going to miss a lot of things; those things mainly being people. Oh man, have I been blessed with some amazing women in my life here. I meet with a group of 4 other women every Thursday for coffee, treats, and bible-talk. The vulnerability, joy, and sincerity I have seen and shared with them is truly beautiful.

Not to mention the great group of characters I join in fun with every weekend to be goofy and crazy! My favorite ;) This weekend we went bowling...in costume (I was chosen to be the cop!) It was glorious, haha! I thought you might enjoy some of the photos!

My next door neighbor is a phenomenal pianist and I just found out that her and the rest of the music students have rehearsals every Friday afternoon, which are free for anyone to sit in on. I went for the first time this week and I will definitely be going back every Friday until class is out! The music school here is ALL modern based - none of that boring Classical stuff they're always teaching kids in school, haha. It's really neat.

Well that's about it for now. I'm going to go pick some feijoas >>>


Love and miss everyone!


Cheers

2 comments:

  1. I'm sad you'll be leaving soon; I feel like I've been living vicariously through your blog while you've been out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody reads this thing?! Whoa! That's exciting :) Haha. That's alright Chris - looks like you'll just have to live in NZ one day yourself! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete